Ok – first I was wrong. So let’s get that out of the way. I thought this sale was being run the same way the last one was, so I didn’t read the fine print. Last time they had this sale – you bought the mystery boxes and they actually sent you that number of boxes. So it was 15 boxes for $25. Each box with five samples in it. I guess Beauty Bar figured out – when they sold out in a day – that they were losing money on shipping pricing them that way, so this time it was $25 for 15 samples. That is, they took three boxes of samples and stuffed them into one box and sold it for $25. Still an amazing deal at $1.66 per item – but not the mega giveaway sale that I thought it was.
I bought two of these because I got free shipping if I bought two and why not spend more money to get more stuff and save on shipping? Makes sense right?
Here’s what I got. I am not going to list each and every item with a cost breakdown – I am just going to point out some really cool items that are in here, in my opinion.
Box one =
– Ummm hello Caviar CC Cream! I love this product and I will buy a full size eventually when all of my samples finally run out. I find myself using it sparingly because I don’t want to run out. This stuff is a wonder potion for anything and everything that may be wrong with your hair. Love.
– L’Occitane Precious Cream. I know this sample cost $16 alone and it’s supposed to be amazing. Last time I got this, I traded it without ever trying it – not happening this time. The full sized (which is still a tiny jar) of this is $60. So it’s a pretty luxurious item – it’s even in a glass jar with a big fancy kid and labeling and everything.
– Caudalie serum. Why ya gotta be so small? I love all things Caudalie puts out and this is no exception but I’m so bummed it’s just big enough for maybe two uses. If this was the size of the samples in the old Beauty Bar Sample Society boxes then I can see why they revamped and changed it up, because this size is silly. Why bother with the plastic to even make the tube?
– Illume Balsam and Cedar candle. This smells like a winter Christmas forest. It’s amazing and it’s mine and I’m loving it.
So those are the highlights for me – see anything in there that you love?
Box 2. Is way better than Box 1.
-pür-lisse moisturizer. This brand has been everywhere this summer and that’s just fine with me. I love it. I love the moisturizer with sunscreen and I love the one without equally. This is a perfect travel size for horse shows or vacations. Thank you Beauty Bar.
– Tatcha Blotting Papers. Tatcha has had a lot of their products out there lately and they are not a cheap beauty line. These 30 little papers are full sized and sell for $12. I am lucky to not have really oily skin, but my kid does, so maybe I can get him to use these.
– Butter London full size nail polish. While I don’t like nail polish, these are a great formula brand and they cost $15 each. So the first three items I listed just paid for the whole box. Winner.
What’s your favorite item from Box 2?
These boxes are still on sale here;http://www.beautybar.com/buy?s=Mystery%20boxes#fromSearch=Y
So you can give them a try if you want and get a big box full of sample sized items and some full sized. Who knows? You may just find your next favorite beauty item. My referral code is BUFF9393 and I would be grateful if you used it when ordering please.
Did I get my money’s worth? Yeah I think so. I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t get to tear into 15 sample boxes like I thought I was going to – but I got some really nice items that I can use, gift or trade, and the items I really want to keep all paid for the boxes themselves. So the question? Would I have paid $50 for all of this stuff if I had known ahead of time what it all was? Yes – but just barely. I probably would have only gotten one box…but then I would have had to pay shipping…so yeah, yeah I would have paid that for this!