The Box: Style Box by Social Bliss
The Cost: $39.95 plus 9.95 shipping – get’s a little cheaper with longer sub times
Customer Service: No issues, cancelling was easy
The Website: Socialbliss.com It’s a strange and weird to navigate website. It certainly doesn’t make it easy to find what you want – but I figured out how to cancel, so that was a plus.
I found a promo code to get three months of this box with free shipping – so it worked out to $111 – which is $37 a month for the box. This box guarantees over $100 each month in items, but I don’t look at Sub boxes like “Oh I got $225 worth of items in this $40 box YAY!” I look at it as – will I use these items and would I pay the amount of money that I really did pay for this box? Unfortunately, when it came to this box, the answer was no on two of the three months. Since this is one of the most expensive sub boxes out there, I decided not to renew the sub.
It seems like this box would be a good idea for young women in their early to mid twenties who like to experiment a lot with different styles and who like gold. A lot of gold. Even though the box always tried to have a “theme”, it always felt like they were just throwing random items in to make it fuller.
So let me show you this past month (August) box to see what I am talking about:
Ok, are you seeing what I am talking about? The contents were:
1. A fake leather, laser cut tote bag with no name brand that the company says is $42 – but who knows? It’s the end of the summer – so I can see me using this to go to the pool, but not very much. I have canvas totes that are bigger and more durable.
I have read where the women who sub this box go nuts if there isn’t a purse or bag of some type included in it. Which means that even though they don’t promise a bag in every box, they are now known as “The purse sub”. Well, I almost never carry a purse (is it just me?) so these random, cheapish looking bags just aren’t my thing. The bag is cute though – especially at a pool party or something.
2. A gold and turquoise necklace – this is really cute and really pretty. I just don’t wear gold.
3. A silver bracelet – so a silver bracelet with a gold necklace? This is supposed to be the themed box? Strange…. but the bracelet is pretty and I will wear it.
4. A retractable lip gloss/stick brush by Bare Naturals. Very random. I like that it retracts – but I have two lip brushes already so won’t ever use this.
5. A temporary tattoo: It’s gold. It’s tiny. It’s weird. What is it for? Where do I put it? Why? I can see this being kinda cute wrapped around a finger – but it probably wouldn’t last long.
6. My Favorite thing I have gotten from all three months boxes = a roll up straw hat.
I seriously love this hat! Why are they sending me this hat at the end of the summer? I would have worn this all summer long – if I had it earlier. It’s so strange that they put all these summer type items in an August box. So, this hat is the only thing out of all three boxes that I know I will use all the time. Is the hat worth $111? No. Probably around $15 or $20.
Well then, for $111 I got a bunch of random items that were just so so – and one really cool straw hat. So I quit that box. I don’t regret it either – though I bet it will go like everything when I cancel and the next box will be off the chain incredible. Though they have already released a spoiler that is a little color block purse that is completely not my style AT ALL. So it looks like I got out at the right time!
I don’t want to slaughter this Sub – like I said earlier, I think there are a lot of women that would love this box. It’s just not the right one for me.
I would be happy to answer any questions or give you a referral code or show you the other boxes if you want. My July box contents are all still just sitting in the box….just let me know.