The Sub: Allure Sample Society
The Cost: $15 a month
Shipping and Returns: Shipping is Free, no returns or exchanges – does not ship to Alaska, Hawaii or International at this time = booooo
Customer Service: Easy. Can cancel anytime
What it is: Five deluxe to full sized samples of the latest mix of skin, hair and makeup and fragrance products, curated by the editors of Allure Magazine. Plus a mini beauty magazine and a $10 gift card to use for any $50 plus purchase on the Beauty Bar website
THE SEPTEMBER BOX –
So, this is my first Allure Sample Society Box and I read that they changed their whole look, so I was pretty excited to see what would come in the box.
My first impression was that it was a very neatly packaged, well put together shiny red box of cool stuff!
So here’s what was included (and everyone got the same stuff – there is no individualizing this box based on a beauty profile)
1. Restorsea Revitalizing Eye Cream – FULL SIZED $85 Wow – how do they do that? I always wonder how these boxes can get such an expensive product to me for such a low price, without the product being out of date or just gross….. This eye cream is just for the under eye area and seems to be full of really good ingredients – but not the really powerful ones that I prefer at my age. The second ingredient is Shea Butter. That sounds nice and good for you Ladies in your twenties – but I need some major Retin -A and tightening stuff at this point. So, I gave this to a friend, who currently uses a $20 eye cream religiously, and we are going to see if there is any difference in three weeks and report back. She can already say that this cream is much denser and nicer feeling than her cream. I put a little on the back of my hand and it is really softening and thick. I also googled it and it came up at Bergdorf Goodman for 85 dollars exactly. So, I don’t know how they did it – but they did.
2. Alterna Caviar Repair RX Re-Texturizing Protein Cream – deluxe sample. YESSSSSSSS. If you have never tried Alterna Caviar products than you are missing out big time. I currently use the Alterna Conditioner and the leave in Conditioner and it has made and incredible, noticeable difference in my hair. So I am pumped to try this. This is actually an even bigger amount than the eye cream – but a deluxe sample and much less expensive. Still, it will last me for probably two months and that works for me.
3. Tarte Brazilliance Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelettes $9. I have never used a self tanning face towel…. I use sunscreen every day (Retin-A Y’all), and I’m just lucky to have a natural olive complexion. When I want a little more color I just use a bit of bronzer or get a spray on tan – but I am going to give these a try and see what happens and if they are worth the money. I hate, hate, hate – despise the way self tanning stuff smells. So hopefully this won’t smell awful.
4. Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer Deluxe Sample. Lorac is a very nice brand and this is a pretty decent sized sample that should allow me to try it for at least seven or eight makeup applications. I used to never use makeup primers – but a sample of Cotz tinted primer from Birchbox changed the routine for me. Now I always use a Primer, even though I never use foundation or concealer. I just use the primer and then a tinted moisturizer and some bronzer = love it. So, I am interested to try this one and see if it does as well as Cotz and Smashbox primers at leaving your face feeling like velvet and filling in those little tiny wrinkles and pores. Ladies, if you aren’t using a primer, BB, CC or tinted moisturizer – the time to start is now. Get a sample of one and give it a try, you will not regret it.
5. Givenchy Fragrance Dahlia Divin Fragrance Sample – some people hate fragrance samples in their boxes. I don’t mind. I used to never wear perfume – I’m more of a Tomboy and don’t fool with fragrances. Then I found Thierry Mugler Angel de Sucre and that’s pretty much all I wear everyday. I don’t mind trying a new one though – especially such a very nice one. This is $53 for a full bottle so I will give it a go….
Ok – so what do you think? I think this was an incredible box for the price. I am very happy with the whole thing and will continue my subscription of this one for now.